OCM Awards Committee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best WT Manager

+2
Malkent Tashcoats
Holwerda
6 posters

Go down

Best WT Manager Empty Re: Best WT Manager

Post  PJMcycles Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:29 am

Italy

PJMcycles

Aantal berichten : 226
Registratiedatum : 2018-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  matrix team Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:36 pm

Vote for Italy

matrix team

Aantal berichten : 464
Registratiedatum : 2012-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Twan_GewoonRechtdoor Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:49 pm

Voted for Italy, but number of wins and results seems to be missing.

Twan_GewoonRechtdoor

Aantal berichten : 113
Registratiedatum : 2021-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Hamstre Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:18 pm

Although we'll probably get some stick for leaving out Belgium, I agree with these nominations. This season was filled with surprising teams that deserve it more.

Ready to be voted on as far as I'm concerned.

Don Hamstre
Admin

Aantal berichten : 2952
Registratiedatum : 2013-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Malkent Tashcoats Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:03 pm

I have looked at Belgium and Slovakia indeed. It feels kind of wrong not even to consider the winner pf the NT, but Belgium is such a powerhouse country with such good riders that their win was also kind of unsurprising to me. And the way I see it, this award should be about the revelations of the season. I don't really have a good point for not shortlisting Slovakia, other than that they had relatively little results (1 win and a podium)

BTW Frank huge thanks for your statistics. They are very fun, but also very helpful in this process!

Malkent Tashcoats

Aantal berichten : 10
Registratiedatum : 2021-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Holwerda Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:11 pm

It is a tough season to nominate WT managers. A lot of countries did perform well, but no real countries performinging way better than expected. But I think your list is quite good. I will just put my thoughts here.

I think any nation reaching podium besides Belgium and Netherlands deserves a nomination, so that goes to Italy.
4th place for Canada is also great, so they deserve a nomination as well.
Belgium won the whole thing, with three wins. We could consider them.But it would be not unthinkable to leave them out.

And then the small countries.
Namibia is the one that performed way better than before, that deserves a nomination.
United States Virgin Islands and Burundi are both doing great which such small countries. Burundi won the award before, but USVI never won the award before, so I would put USVI over Burundi.

Hungary scored based on one exceptional rider so it seems, not directly a reason to nominate.
Slovakia could also be considerd in my opinion with a relatively good season.

Holwerda
Admin

Aantal berichten : 965
Registratiedatum : 2017-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Malkent Tashcoats Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:34 pm

I have not checked every other nation, no. But I have checked all of WTA. Before, when I thought I had to nominate the community suggestion AND 3-4 suggestions on my own (I didn't read properly) I also had Sao Tome and Principe, Burkina Faso and Hungary on my shortlist. STaP and BF both outdid their best seasons, and Hungary's Peter Toller raked up 2 wins and 2 results on his own, which is also quite remarkable. Other than that, I have made my decisions who to investigate deeper by looking at the final rank in combination with the amount of ranked riders and sometimes the amount of trained riders, and then comparing that to my idea of how these countries usually do in the WT

Of course, if you have any suggestions or feel someone is unrightly not considered, leave a message

Malkent Tashcoats

Back to top Go down

Post  matrix team Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:05 am

Just to make things clear : you do not have to nominate all the pre-nominated managers. The only thing you have to do, is check their results to see if they deserve to be nominated or not.

Did you check all the other managers and WT teams to see if anyone had better results than the pre-nominated ones?

Yann

matrix team

Aantal berichten : 464
Registratiedatum : 2012-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Malkent Tashcoats Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:28 am

And the other one would be Italy. They also were suggested by the community. Ba has brought Italy back after a long hiatus on the WT end rank podium, beating many of the traditional powerhouses. Italy's Gaetan Digenova was the best WT rider this season, the first time an Italian rider has won this classification.

Name: Ba
Nation: Italy
OCM World Tour Rank: 3rd
OCM World Tour Points: 1020
Number of ranked riders: 192
wins,  mention all wins (Divisions in which races were won) CoN Cape Town (CoN),
other results mention all results (Divisions in which results were achieved) 2nd Lisboa - Peniche (WT Div-A), 3rd Rotterdam - Amsterdam (WT Div-A), 3rd Oslo Grand Prix (WT Div-A)

Malkent Tashcoats

English Sprinting Team, Holwerda and Twan_GewoonRechtdoor like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Malkent Tashcoats Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:26 am

For the remaining two, the first one I put there is hhauge of Burundi, as one 4 community nominees. Burundi has consistently competed in the top ranks of the WT with very limited means. hhauge might deserve the nomination also because his own team is nearly the sole supplier of the NT, so his dedication is not just limited to the NT. I am a little out of inspiration at this moment to be honest in writing, but everyone who follows the WT knows how amazing Burundi's achievements have been with the material they have

Name: hhauge
Nation: Burundi
OCM World Tour Rank: 9th
OCM World Tour Points: 710
Number of ranked riders: 19
1 win,  CoN Washington City TT (CoN)
1 other result: 3rd Birmingham - London (WT Div-A)

Last edited by Malkent Tashcoats on Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Malkent Tashcoats

Back to top Go down

Post  Malkent Tashcoats Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:57 am

Edit: Misunderstood something and I don't know how to delete posts

Last edited by Malkent Tashcoats on Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Malkent Tashcoats

Back to top Go down

Post  Malkent Tashcoats Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:47 pm

Unfortunately, we are only allowed to nominate three managers directly. I feel USVI is a no brainer with only 5 ranked riders, and for the remaining two spots I would nominate Namibia and Canada. I chose Canada over Italy from the community suggestions as they have only 30 points less with just over a third of ranked riders. Furthermore, I chose Namibia over Burundi, as Namibia have improved a lot with regards to their best season, while Burundi has seen a more steady performance, and they are pretty similar overall.

Name: paceuts
Nation: Canada
OCM World Tour Rank: 4
OCM World Tour Points: 990
Number of ranked riders: 78
1 win, CoN Beijing (CoN)
2 other results, 2nd Bruxelles - Liège (WT Div-A), 3rd CoN Washington City TT (CoN)
Canada had the best season in the history of its NT in terms of ranking, ending above more traditional NT countries as Norway, Denmark, England, Poland and Spain, which each have a lot more ranked riders Italy, which ended one spot above Canada, has nearly triple the amount of ranked riders. They and also scored a third place in the CoN.

Name:Adilson Silva
Nation: United States Virgin Islands
OCM World Tour Rank: 10th
OCM World Tour Points: 680
Number of ranked riders: 5
2 wins, CoN Rio de Janeiro (CoN), Oslo Grand Prix (WT Div-A)
2 other results,  2nd Barcelona - Quanca (WT Div-A),  3rd CoN Delhi (CoN)

Name: Goege
Nation: Namibia
OCM World Tour Rank: 15th
OCM World Tour Points: 550
Number of ranked riders: 16
1 win, Lisboa - Peniche (WT Div-A)
1 other result, 3rd Lozuvatka - Kryvyi Rih (WT Div-B)
NB: Namibia's previous record for points in one WT season was "just" 350 points, so they topped their previous best with 200 points.

Last edited by Malkent Tashcoats on Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:36 am; edited 3 times in total

Malkent Tashcoats

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Hamstre Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:10 pm

Pre-Nominations:

Ba (Italy)
Adilson Silva (USVI)
Hhauge (Burundi)
Goege (Namibia)

Don Hamstre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Best WT Manager Empty Best WT Manager

Post  Don Hamstre Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:09 pm

Format for this category:

Name:
Nation:
OCM World Tour Rank:
OCM World Tour Points:
Number of ranked riders:
wins,  mention all wins (Divisions in which races were won)
other results mention all results (Divisions in which results were achieved)

Example:

Name: John Doe
Nation: Hordaland
OCM World Tour Rank: 26th
OCM World Tour Points: 400
Number of ranked riders: 42
1 win, Minas- Montevideo (WT Div-C)
2 other results, 2nd Budapest-Debrecen, 3rd Tabor Grandprix (1 WT Div-B, 1 WT Div-C)

Please do it exactly like this, just don't nominate John Doe lol!

Don Hamstre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down