OCM Awards Committee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Manager Outside Top Division

5 posters

Go down

Best Manager Outside Top Division Empty Re: Best Manager Outside Top Division

Post  Don Hamstre Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:19 pm

Zalom gets in 3-2

Don Hamstre
Admin

Aantal berichten : 2952
Registratiedatum : 2013-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Hamstre Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:58 am

I am sad that apparently the consensus is that dropping and winning 2 classics and a tour is a no-doubt deserved nomination, and that having a one nation team finish top-75 of the ranking isn't. But I guess I'll have to live with that.

Don't see any mistakes, so this category is ready to be voted on.

Don Hamstre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twan_GewoonRechtdoor Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:57 pm

Like this post to vote for:

Name: Fedor B
Team: ArxhangiiliPoznyakax
OCM Tour Rank: 142
OCM Tour Points: 903
13 wins, including Tour of the Sanreizan SC and Design av Småland Cup GC (9x div 8, 3x div 7, 1x div 6)
10 other results, including 4th and 7th in Design av Småland Cup GC (5x div 8, 1x div 7, 1x div 6, 1x div 3, 2x U23 div 501-800)

Twan_GewoonRechtdoor

Aantal berichten : 113
Registratiedatum : 2021-02-01

matrix team and PJMcycles like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Twan_GewoonRechtdoor Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:56 pm

Like this post to vote for:

Name: Gonzalo Melero
Team: Zalom
OCM Tour Rank: 78
OCM Tour Points: 1525
9 wins, including Race of the Minutemen SC and the Baltimore Invitational (6x div 4, 3x div 3)
14 other results, including 2nd and 6th in Giro di Sicilia GC, 2nd and 3rd in Giro di Sicilia YC, 3rd in Classic Oslo and 7th in Rotterdam Classic (10x div 4, 3x div 3, 1x div 2.1)

Twan_GewoonRechtdoor

English Sprinting Team, Holwerda and Twan_GewoonRechtdoor like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Twan_GewoonRechtdoor Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:55 pm

Name: Pierre Mrazique
Team: Lokomotíva Zvolen
OCM Tour Rank: 172
OCM Tour Points: 771
6 wins, including VCK Classic, Race of the Minutemen GC and Vuelta a Valparaìso YC (1x div 5, 1x div 4, 1x div 3, 3x div 2)
4 other results, including 3rd in Edmonton Red Deer Tour GC and 3rd in Vuelta a Valparaìso GC (3x div 4, 1x div 2)

Name: Jo Beer
Team: Team Seidel
OCM Tour Rank: 31
OCM Tour Points: 2240
11 wins, including Vejle-København Classic, Rotterdam Classic, Kangaroo Tour GC (1x div 4, 6x div 3, 1x div 1, 1x div 1.2, 1x p.25-125 and 1x p.110-260)
13 other results, including 3rd in Tour of Hawaii, 4th in Turnai-Turnai, 4th in Rotterdam Classic, 4th in Grasse-Toulon, 6th in Zyte GP and 8th in Helsinki GP Mini (2x div 4, 7x div 3, 3x div 2, 1x div 1.1)

Name: Lamme Frans
Team: V02maXXers
OCM Tour Rank: 112
OCM Tour Points: 1186
6 wins, including Ainet-Bruggen, Turnai-Turnai, Tour of Hawaii and Vuelta a Valparaìso YC (3x div 3, 3x div 2)
7 other results, including 2nd in Norway Tour YC, 3rd in Vuelta a Valparaìso SC, 4th in Minsk CBGP and 6th in Norway Tour GC (4x div 3, 3x div 2)

Twan_GewoonRechtdoor

Back to top Go down

Post  Twan_GewoonRechtdoor Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:39 am

After consulting some people, I think I will go for V02, Seidel and Svolen as certain (sorry, but I feel there is no going around the first two), and ArxhangiiliPoznyakax and Zalom to vote for.

Twan_GewoonRechtdoor

Back to top Go down

Post  PJMcycles Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:09 am

This is a horrible category. There are so many ways you could tackle this I personally quite like the 3 picked and think we should go with them.

PJMcycles

Aantal berichten : 216
Registratiedatum : 2018-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Holwerda Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:11 pm

Well, we could add a criteria, but it is a hard one to investigate:
- Look at the manager who gets the most out of its rider material and financial position.

If only we could see the team value of every team we would have something of a objective measurement.

Holwerda
Admin

Aantal berichten : 946
Registratiedatum : 2017-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Twan_GewoonRechtdoor Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys!

This must be one of the most subjective categories, as the best managers simply tend to be in top division of course. So IMO there are 2 ways to approach this:
- You can look at the winners of the most prestigious races outside of division 1.
- You look at managers who have some sort of 'handicap', for example because they are relatively new or because they only use riders from one nations. These guys would be in division 1 if it wasnt for these extra obstacles.

Combining these and taking into consideration the suggestions below, I think my list would be:

Certain:
V02Maxxers: of course they have been at the top of division 1, but the results of season 55 speak for themselves.
Team Seidel: pretty much the same, with 2 classics and a GC last season.
Lokomotiva Svolen: All Slovakian, with a Classic win (div 3), a YC win (div 2) and a GC win (div 4)

Vote:
CyclingClubChomutov: All Czeck, 4 YC wins and a Classic
Zalom: an SC and a Classic, both in div 4, with a total of 9 wins and 23 results
English Sprinting Team: have won the SC of the Volta and GC/YC of Haute-Normandie (both div 2)

Out:
ArxhangiiliPoznyakax: great, but wins were in too low division (not higher than 6th, come on, even I have won in 5th Cool )
Nullinger: great achievement, but not spectacular enough
Goege: pretty much the same
Skudehavnen CC: Impressive list of results (29) but 16 of them were in division 11, and 'only' 7 were in 3rd.
Familytour: good progress, but no special wins

Feedback is again much appreciated. Perhaps there are even other teams we have still overlooked...

Twan_GewoonRechtdoor

Back to top Go down

Post  Holwerda Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:14 am

The three teams mentioned are not definite nominations to me. They are all managers who are in lower divisions to get the trophies and the jerseys while they have a history of being top-10 teams. I would rather see other teams getting nominated.
ArxhangiiliPoznyakax is more of a candidate in my opininion. And what about Skudehavnen CC (althougt he started in Div11) and Zalom?

Holwerda
Admin

Aantal berichten : 946
Registratiedatum : 2017-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post  TimeIndaiatuba Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:21 pm

Yeah, you actually picked a couple of harder categories for a first timer. I'll take a look now and see what teams I would nominate myself.

Edit: I think the first 3 teams you mentioned are definite nominations, all 3 have had crazy success.

V02maXXers (Valparaìso gc, Turnai - Turnai Tour of Hawaii, Ainet - Bruggen, plus results in Norway Tour gc/yc and Minsk CBGP and Valpariso sc)
Team Seidel (Vejle-København, Rotterdam Classic, Kangaroo Tour gc, plus results in 6 other classics)
CyclingClubChomutov (Critérium la Grasse, RotM yc, Norway Tour yc, Edmonton Red Deer Tour yc, Giro di Montelbano yc, plus results in all 4 of those tours and in 2 classics)

I don't feel that Goege, familytour, or Nullinger warrant a nomination. They haven't won much of note and just being 1 nation isn't enough for me.

ArxhangiiliPoznyakax on the other hand has quite a few wins and results (but they are from lower divisions) I would have them as one to vote on.
English Sprinting Team too could be one that we vote on.

TimeIndaiatuba

Aantal berichten : 159
Registratiedatum : 2018-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Twan_GewoonRechtdoor Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:49 pm

Does anyone know a good approach for nominations in this category? It seems very subjective and basically every team in div 2 and special teams in div 3 could be nominated. Also, there is no easy way to see if a team scored any points in div 1, right? Rolling Eyes

If anyone would have any tips or would like to go through this category with me, that would be great!

I have checked the classics in div 2-3, and V02Maxxers have won 3 of them + a GC, so they qualify probably.
Team Seidel have won both a Classic and a GC in div 3.
Lokomotíva Zvolen have won a Classic (div 3) + a YC (div2). Also all Slovakian.
English Sprinting Team have won the SC of the Volta and GC/YC of Haute-Normandie (both div 2)

Of the nominations:
Familytour has reached div 1, but no classics, no GC/SC/YC and no 'handicap' like a 1 nation team
Lokomotíva Zvolen was mentioned above.
Nullinger hasn't done anything spectacular other than the fact that I think their handicap is really big, only using self-trained German riders, and still reach top 100 with that.
ArxhangiiliPoznyakax has had a really good season, with 13 wins and 23 results, and as an all Ukranian team that started in june 2019. Wins were in lower divisions though.
Goege is all Namibian, started in 2018, has had a good season with 3 wins in div 2, and they are currently #62. That is quite impressive indeed, so I feel like they deserve a nomination.

Again, other suggestions and help is welcome. This category is a bit overwhelming and the sorting-mechanisms in both OCM itself and Chilibot are not really useful... scratch

Twan_GewoonRechtdoor

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Hamstre Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:09 pm

Pre-Nominations: (adding reasons here because it's more subjective)

familytour (David is close to going up to division 1 and his team has reached and gained many results this season)

Lokomotiva Zvolen (Lokomotiva Zvolen has performed really well this season, with modest means. The win of RoTM by very prudent TF-management is one of the examples.)

Nullinger (Nullinger has a steady top 100 team with only self-trained (!) and self-scouted (!) German (!) riders. That is quite the achievement)

ArxhangiiliPoznyakax (They have risen 5 divisions in one season and taken several significant wins, notably the Sanreizan SC and the Design av Smaland Cup.)

Goege Team (All-Namibian, div 2, pretty young)

Don Hamstre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Best Manager Outside Top Division Empty Best Manager Outside Top Division

Post  Don Hamstre Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:09 pm

Manager is not allowed to have scored any points or results in Top Division (1.1 is allowed), but is allowed to be ranked in Top Division at the end of the season.

The format for this category:

Name:
Team:
OCM Tour Rank:
OCM Tour Points:
wins, including  mention classic and tour wins, do not mention stages (Divisions in which races were won)
other results, including mention classic and tour results, do not mention stages (Divisions in which results were achieved)

Name: John Doe
Team: Invisible Riders
OCM Tour Rank: 135th
OCM Tour Points: 1000
3 wins, including Tour of Hawaii, and Kangaroo GC (1 Div2, 2 Div3)
8 other results, including 7th place Mito-Tokyo (1 Div1.1, 2 Div2, 5 Div3)

Please do it exactly like this, just don't nominate John Doe  lol!

Don Hamstre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down